When it comes to finding yogurt suitable for dogs in the UK, it’s important to look for plain, unsweetened yogurt with live active cultures. Greek yogurt can be a good option because it tends to have higher protein content and lower lactose levels compared to regular yogurt. However, always check the ingredient list and ensure that there are no added sugars, artificial sweeteners, or flavorings, as these can be harmful to dogs.
One brand that is commonly recommended for dogs in the UK is “Natural Yogurt” or “Natural Greek Yogurt” from reputable supermarket chains or organic brands. Examples include:
1. Yeo Valley Organic Natural Yogurt: This brand offers plain, natural yogurt made from organic milk and live cultures. It is available in many supermarkets across the UK.
2. FAGE Total Greek Yogurt: FAGE offers a plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt that is popular for its creamy texture and high protein content. It can be found in major supermarkets and health food stores in the UK.
3. Arla Skyr Natural Icelandic Yogurt: Skyr is a type of Icelandic yogurt that is thick and creamy, similar to Greek yogurt. Arla offers a plain variety with no added sugars or flavorings, which can be suitable for dogs.
4. Tesco Organic Natural Yogurt: Tesco’s organic range includes a natural yogurt option made from organic milk and live cultures. It’s widely available in Tesco stores across the UK.
5. Waitrose Duchy Organic Natural Yogurt: Waitrose offers an organic natural yogurt that is free from added sugars and artificial additives. It’s part of their Duchy Organic range and can be found in Waitrose stores.
Remember to introduce yogurt to your dog’s diet gradually and in moderation, as some dogs may be lactose intolerant or sensitive to dairy products. Always consult with your veterinarian before making any significant changes to your dog’s diet.